A satisfying open-face vegetarian sandwich with avocado, almonds and mushrooms. This is amazing vegetarian sandwich you must try. Make this sandwich and make your friends happy.
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Step 1Preheat the oven broiler.
- Step 2Lay the toasted bread out on a baking sheet. Top each slice of bread with 1/4 of the avocado, mushrooms, almonds, and tomato slices. Top each with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Step 3Broil the open-face sandwiches until the cheese melts and begins to bubble, about 2 minutes. Serve the sandwiches warm.
Please note the addition of a basil-mayonnaise (1/4 cup mayonnaise mixed with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil) if using the magazine version of this recipe.
Per Serving:335 calories; protein 15.6g 31% DV; carbohydrates 21.1g 7% DV; fat 22.5g 35% DV; cholesterol 26.1mg 9% DV; sodium 169.6mg 7%.