- 1 medium onion
- 2 T. butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 oz. (about 4 c.) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- Cut onion in half and slice thinly. In a 2-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add mushrooms. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, water, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan and parsley.