- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and pepper. Dip fillets in egg and then in cheese mixture.
- Place fillets in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 10-15 minutes.
1 fillet: 179 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 5 very lean meat, 1/2 fat.