Orange mojitos are the perfect refreshing cocktail recipe. The ingredients are simple – rum, fresh mint, oranges, and sugar!
The first time I ever tasted a mojito was almost 10 years ago – time flies, doesn’t it? After the first sip, I wondered why I’d never tried one before. Don’t worry – I made up for it.
One day last year, I really wanted a mojito. This was a serious want – almost a need. I was going to make traditional mojitos but decided to change it up when I was buying mint at the grocery store. Some oranges caught my eye and the rest was history.
How do you make a mojito?
Muddle mint, 1 lime wedge and 1 orange wedge in a glass or cocktail shaker. Add more lime and orange wedges and the sugar to the mixture and muddle together.https://f06960f490406bb716d89a8e417d9895.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.html
If you’re using a cocktail shaker, pour the contents into an empty glass. Fill the glass with ice to the top and then pour the rum – the best part! Top with some club soda and garnish.
Sounds pretty easy, right?
- Fresh ingredients are the key to this refreshing beverage.
- Mint, oranges, and limes
- Cane sugar (like Sugar in the Raw)
- White rum
- Soda water
Can I use simple syrup instead of cane sugar?
Yes! You can use store-bought simple syrup or make your own. Add equal amounts of sugar and water into a pot and heat it until the sugar dissolves. Wait until it cools and add 1 tablespoon of simple syrup instead of cane sugar.
- 10 mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 thin orange wedges
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar
- 1 1/2 – 2 ounces white rum
- club soda
- Additional mint, lime wedges, orange wedges
- In a tall glass, muddle the mint, 1 lime wedge and 1 orange wedge. Add 2 more lime wedges, 1 orange wedge and the sugar to the mixture and muddle together.
- Fill the glass with ice to the top, then pour the rum over the ice. Top with the club soda. Add the final lime wedge and any additional garnishes.
YIELD: 1 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 519TOTAL FAT: 2gSATURATED FAT: 0gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 1gCHOLESTEROL: 0mgSODIUM: 44mgCARBOHYDRATES: 83gFIBER: 20gSUGAR: 47gPROTEIN: 8g© Jenny BullistronCATEGORY: Cocktails