|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||10 mins||20 mins|
This super fast and inexpensive tofu stir fry is super filling, easy enough for busy weeknights, and endlessly customizable!
Total Cost: $3.82 recipe / $0.96 serving
Author: Beth – Budget Bytes
STIR FRY SAUCE
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce ($0.18)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar ($0.08)
- 2 Tbsp water ($0.00)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil ($0.10)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ($0.16)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger ($0.10)
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil ($0.08)
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu ($1.79)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts ($0.12)
- ½ lb. coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots) ($0.90)
- 2 green onions, sliced ($0.20)
- 1 Tbsp sriracha (optional) ($0.11)
- Prepare the stir fry sauce first. In a bowl combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, toasted sesame oil, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Set the sauce aside.
- Slice the green onion and chop the peanuts.
- Take the tofu out of the package, draining away any liquid from the package (no need to press the tofu as the water will be cooked out). Crumble the tofu into a bowl.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Once the skillet and oil are very hot, add the crumbled tofu and stir fry for about 5 minutes, or until there is no longer any water pooling on the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the prepared stir fry sauce to the skillet and continue to cook and stir for 2-3 minutes more. Finally, add the slaw mix and chopped peanuts and stir fry for 1-2 minutes more, or just until the cabbage begins to wilt. Top with sliced green onions and a drizzle of sriracha, then serve!
Serving: 1serving ・ Calories: 272.43kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 16.98g ・ Protein: 14.53g ・ Fat: 17.73g ・ Sodium: 815.75mg ・ Fiber: 3.33g