- 2 small chicken breast fillets
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 stalks fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1.5 litres Massel* Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 150g dried linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Place chicken, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, thyme sprigs, parsley stalks, bay leaves, stock and 2 cups water in a slow cooker. Cover. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours (or LOW for 6 hours) or until chicken is tender and just cooked through.
- Remove and discard thyme, parsley stalks and bay leaves. Remove chicken and place on a board. Using 2 forks, shred chicken. Return chicken to soup with linguine. Season well with salt and pepper. Cover. Cook on High for 30 minutes or until pasta is just cooked through. Stir in half the chopped parsley.
- Serve soup topped with remaining chopped parsley.