- 1 large boneless turkey breast half with skin, (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1-1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 to 8 pieces cooking twine
- 1 teaspoon salted butter, softened
- 5 ounces whole wheat french bread, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1 large stalk celery, minced
- 4 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon turkey or poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 piece Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil
Gravy (makes 2 cups)
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 2 leaves fresh sage
- 3/4 teaspoon turkey or poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Cranberry Stuffing:
- Stale cubed bread works best here, you can cut the bread the night before and let it sit to harden.
- If your bread is fresh, preheat the oven and bake the bread cubes on a large baking sheet at 250°F for about 30 minutes, stirring half way until the bread is completely firm.
- In a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the butter; when melted add onion, celery, parsley, sage, turkey or poultry seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and saute on medium low until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool a few minutes then transfer to a large bowl and add the toasted bread and cranberries. Add broth and mix well.
For The Turkey Breast:
- Remove the skin from the turkey breast and set aside keeping the skin in one piece and reserve for later.
- Trim the fat and remove the tenderloin.
- Place the turkey breast on a plastic cutting board and butterfly it open (see notes).
- Then cover the breast with plastic wrap and pound it to about 1/4” thickness in a rectangle shape.
- Season both sides of the turkey with salt. Spread the stuffing onto the pounded turkey breast leaving a 3/4 inch border around all the edges.
- Roll it jelly roll style and top with the skin.
- Cut cooking twine long enough to tie the breast with 4 to 6 pieces of twine. Cut off extra twine. Spread the butter on top.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Set the rack to the center of the oven.
- Transfer to a baking pan and cover tight with Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil. Cook in the center of the oven until an internal temperature in the center of the stuffing reaches 165 degrees, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Uncover the foil, then broil on high 5 to 7 minutes until the skin is golden. Allow it to cool 5 minutes while you make the gravy.
- Combine all the gravy ingredients in a pot along with any pan drippings and bring to a simmer, whisking well over medium-high heat.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Discard the herbs.
- Cut off the twine on the breast and slice into 12 slices. Serve with gravy.