Brownie in a Mug – a rich and fudgy homemade microwave brownie loaded with real chocolate flavor and melty chocolate chips.
I’m really excited to share this recipe for a homemade microwave brownie in a mug. I’ve used simple ingredients to create a real homemade brownie in a mug. Mug brownies are the best kind of brownies, because you don’t need to share! This recipe has been on my blog since 2013, and the most common reviews are that it’s the only microwave brownie recipe that actually works! Please let me know what you think by leaving a star rating and comment at the bottom of the post.
MICROWAVE BROWNIE INGREDIENTS
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- egg yolk
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- semi sweet chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE A BROWNIE IN A MUG
- Use a microwave safe mug.
- Start by melting the butter by heating it in the microwave.
- Do not substitute spreads for real butter.
- Add sugars, vanilla extract, and salt and stir.
- Separate egg, discard egg white or save for another recipe.
- Stir in egg yolk.
- Add cocoa powder and flour and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cooking time will vary according to your microwave. Start at 45 seconds and add more time if needed. Do not overcook.
MICROWAVE BROWNIE RECIPE TIPS
- This recipe is based off my popular recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup, and I have been working hard to develop this delicious, decadent, single-serving treat.
- These treats are easy to make, and a reader favorite. Perfect for a late-night or after-school snack.
- Since this single serving brownie is made in the microwave, it’s great for kiddos just learning to cook, or those who don’t have access to an oven.
- This brownie in a mug is absolutely amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
- Just a note, make sure to follow the steps I have outlined in the recipe, and don’t substitute spreads for butter.