These tasty scrolls are a delicious addition to the school lunch-box.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 30g butter, chilled, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 100g Primo shaved ham, chopped
- 225g can pineapple pieces, drained
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub flour into butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre.
- Step 2Add milk to flour mixture. Using a knife, mix to form a soft dough.
- Step 3Roll dough out between 2 sheets of baking paper to a 20cm x 30cm rectangle. Spread tomato paste over dough, leaving a 3cm border along one long end. Top with cheese, ham and pineapple.
- Step 4Roll up dough from one long end to form a Swiss roll. Place on a board, seam side down. Cut into 12 rounds.
- Step 5Place scrolls, just touching, cut side up, on prepared tray. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes on trays.
Tip: Freeze scrolls in a single layer from the end of step 4 for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for 20 to 22 minutes at 200°C, or until golden and cooked through. Variation: For cheese and Vegemite scrolls, spread dough evenly with 1/3 cup Vegemite. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese. Follow steps 4 and 5 above.