- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large Golden Delicious apples, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 large onions, cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown roast on all sides. Transfer to a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Place apples, onions and garlic around roast; sprinkle with rosemary.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 45-55 minutes, turning apples, onion and garlic once. Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing roast. Serve with apple mixture.
1 serving: 210 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.