These easy cheese taco shells are perfect for making Keto Tacos! Baked cheddar cheese formed into the shape of a taco and filled with seasoned ground beef for a low carb taco night!
KETO TACOS WITH CHEESE TACO SHELLS
Mexican food is my favorite especially tacos, so when I started eating low carb I immediately went in search of a keto taco recipe and I discovered cheese taco shells. Guys, these things are life changing!
Keto Tacos made with Cheese Taco Shells are perfect for keto diets with only 1 net carb ! They are gluten free and easy to make (even though they take a little time) and I think they taste better than the original 🙂
- Start by lining a baking sheet. You can use a baking sheet with parchment paper but a silicone mat is the best because the cheese comes off easily every time. Then you drop little piles of grated cheese on to the baking sheet. For cheese taco shells I suggest using about 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese per shell.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes, or until the shredded cheese has melted and the edges begin to brown. It’s important to wait until those edges start to get crispy because you’ll get the crispiest cheese taco shells that way. Note: Cheese does release grease as it bakes. You can dab your shells lightly with a paper towel before the next step if you would like to remove some of the excess grease.
- Shape your cheese taco shells. Use two glasses and sit a thick handled spoon (or whatever utensil you have) across the glasses. You’ll want the handle to be thick enough that it will leave a space of about 3/4″ in the curve of your taco. It doesn’t have to be precise! Let the cheese cool for a minute then lift it off of the baking sheet and drape it over the spoon handle. Let it cool completely, this only takes about 5 minutes, and you have a low carb taco shell!
CHEESE TACO SHELLS
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, , shredded
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 2 tablespoon Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Water
- Toppings for taco: Sour cream, avocado, cheese, lettuce, etc., optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat place 1/4 cup piles of cheese 2 inches apart. Press the cheese down lightly so it makes one layer.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are brown.
- Let the cheese cool for 1-2 minutes until it is firm enough to lift but still bendable. Lift the cheese up and place it over the handle of a spoon or other utensil that is balanced on two cups.
- Let cheese cool completely then remove.
- While you continue to bake your cheese taco shells place the ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat cooking until it is completely cooked through.
- Drain the grease from the meat and then add the homemade taco seasoning. Pour water into skillet and stir everything around mixing it together.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid has cooked away.
- Add meat to taco shells and top with your favorite taco toppings.
Note: Optional toppings are not included in the nutritional calculations.
serving: 1taco, calories: 261kcal, carbohydrates: 2g, protein: 17g, fat: 21g, saturatedfat: 10g, cholesterol: 70mg, sodium: 360mg, potassium: 181mg, fiber: 1g, sugar: 1g, vitamin a: 284iu, vitaminc: 1mg, calcium: 214mg, iron: 3mgNutrition Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists.
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are provided as a courtesy. They are generated by an online API which recognizes ingredient names and amounts and makes calculations based on the serving size. Results may vary.
For More KETO Recipes CLICK HERE